I certify that the above information is true and correct. By submitting this application I acknowledge that I understand and accept the following:
- The adoption process with Animal Justice League (“AJL”) includes a trial period (the “Sleepover”) and that I may potentially take physical, although not legal, custody of an animal prior to an adoption being finalized.
I understand that AJL MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE AGE, NATURE, BREED, TEMPERMENT, OR HEALTH OF THIS OR ANY AJL ANIMAL AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, FINANCIAL OR OTHERWISE,
RELATED, WHETHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ANY ACT BY SUCH ANIMAL DURING THE SLEEPOVER. I understand the risks associated with bringing a new animal into my home and agree to take all necessary precautions to prevent any harm,
damage or injury to the animal or any other animal or any person or their property during the Sleepover.
- I agree that if an AJL animal is lost or stolen during the Sleepover that I will notify AJL immediately and will take all reasonable steps to locate the animal. Such reasonable steps will include, but not be limited to,
- posting signs in the vicinity of where the animal went missing and/or was last seen,
- posting on Facebook and Nextdoor neighborhood pages and regional Lost & Found pages, and
- checking area vets, clinics and shelters.
- I agree that until an adoption contract is signed by both parties, AJL retains legal custody of its animal(s) and reserves the right to terminate a Sleepover at any time and for any reason, in its sole discretion, and has
the right to take the animal back into its possession. I further agree that any attempts, whether or not intended, by me to prevent AJL from regaining physical custody of an animal may result in legal action and I agree to be
financially responsible for any costs or expense incurred by AJL related to such action.
- I will keep rabies tags and ID tags on the animal at all times during the Sleepover and will not leave the animal unattended unless in a secure location. (Tags may be worn by cats on a breakaway collar only).
- I will not sell, trade, or give away this animal to anyone. I will not relinquish this animal to any shelter or pound, whether “no-kill” or otherwise. I will notify AJL if I am unable or unwilling to proceed with adoption
for any reason and I will return this animal to AJL at the location of their choosing after arrangements have been made for such return.
- Submission of this application does not guarantee approval to adopt this animal and AJL reserves the right to approve or deny any adoption application in its sole discretion and for any reason.
Animal Justice League reserves the right to deny any adoption application. My signature below affirms that I have read and agree to all the above conditions.