Need help with a stray dog or cat you found?
The first step is to make sure the animal is truly homeless and not just lost.
- Go to a local pet store (PetSmart or Petco) or vet to have them scan for a microchip.
- Post on social media such as Facebook and Nextdoor
- Hang fliers in the area the animal was found (yes, this may seem old school, but it works!!)
- Please give it some time to help reunite pets with their rightful owners.
Once you have determined the animal does not belong to someone or they don't want their pet, then we can
how we can assist. If you want Animal Justice League to intake the animal, please include the following
- Breed/age/sex of the animal
- Any known medical or behavioral issues
- Where the animal was found and where you are located
- Let us know if you are able to foster the animal
Do you have a pet you are looking to surrender to a rescue?
Please know that Houston is overwhelmed with homeless pets so we always encourage you to exhaust all options
before deciding to relinquish your pet.
- If it is a behavioral issue, we have several trainers we can recommend to work with you depending on the
specific need. Please email us and will can help point you in the right direction.
- If your dog has too much energy and you work during the day, please consider looking into a doggy daycare
hiring a pet walker to come mid-day. We have several reputable resources we can refer you to in the
Garden Oaks, Oak Forest, and surrounding areas.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can't see an answer to your question here? Contact us and we will be
happy to help!